Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Koizumi would never do crud like this

I hate my constant harping about how much more authentic a human being the current Prime Minister's predecessor was...but dammit, with the celebrated Mr. K promises were considered commitments, not obstacles to skate around.

Prime Minister Abe, we see the reemergence of the tawdry hedging and quibbling that saddled Japanese leaders with the reputations of being the world's worst (and by worst, I mean least convincing) connivers.

"But I didn't GO to the shrine. I just sent a gift. In secret. Signed 'From the Prime Minister of Japan'. What's wrong with that? Why do you have such an angry look on your face? You must be unbalanced...or hate Japanese. That's it, you're a racist--that's your problem. George, help!"

Bloody hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I win my lunch bet, or must I settle for just dessert?