This is my world
and I am
World Leader Pretend.
- REM, "World Leader Pretend" (1988)
What does Kasai Yoshiyuki want?
- A leveraged buyout of the management of his homeland, installing a chief executive with significant self-worth issues? Check.
- A fantasy vanity maglev project through the heart of his country, with hostage shareholders and ultimately the taxpayers footing the bill? Check.
- The militarization of Japan's space policy? Check.
- U.S. high speed rail policy muddled by sales of advanced railway technology? Check.
- Japan-U.K. strategic relations muddled by sales of advanced railway technology? A work in progress.
- The United States, Japan and India forged into a politico-economic strategic iron triangle? A work in progress.
- A more strongly pro-government and pro-nuclear NHK? Check.
- The use of influence over the prime minister and the cash generated by the Shinkansen in a zero sum game of influence intent on countering China in every corner of the globe, no matter how remote? Check.
The above is just what's available after only a few minutes diddling around in English.
It is probably best to familiarize yourself with Kasai Yoshiyuki's world*. Because if your life is in some way linked to Japan, you already live in it.
* Go ahead, Google him. In various combinations: "Yoshiyuki Kasai Shinzo Abe" "Yoshiyuki Kasai China" "Yoshiyuki Kasai India" "Yoshiyuki Kasai space" "Yoshiyuki Kasai