Thursday, January 29, 2009

What Could He Say That Could Be Even Remotely True?

I have this recurring nightmare.

Prime Minister Asō Tarō is standing before a large group of the world's leaders, trying to explain himself, his government's policies and Japan's future.

He is not succeeding.

Davos forum to explore ways to save global economy
Xinhua

DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan. 28 -- The World Economic Forum (WEF) opened in Davos Wednesday with an aim to address the current economic crisis and other global challenges.

(...)

Among the world leaders attending the meeting, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin will address participants on the first day of the meeting.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Japanese Premier Taro Aso will also address the sessions...
Just close my eyes in my dream and I will wake up...just close my eyes in the dream and I will wake up...

Aaaaaaarrghhhh!

Asō Tarō promising to do his all to help save the global economy? After only four months in office, the dude cannot save his Cabinet.

My sympathies to his speechwriter.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Fransisco will tell everyone that this only happens once every 100 years, and that it's the fault of America, and that he will lead Japan out of the economic crisis first.

Oh wait, that's the message for domestic consumption.

Different messages for different audiences? I'm afraid there might be some "confusion" setting in.